A signed official document by different members and officials of the Ukrainian government states that there will be no entry for Israeli Jews to Uman this year for Rosh Hashanah. The mayor of Uman also posted it today on his FB page claiming Victory! This comes after meetings between the Ukrainian Health Ministry, Security officials and other parts of the government. According to the reports that we have received this decision was also agreed upon by Israeli gov’t officials. The document which was signed on July 9 (last week) states a few reasons for this ban:
- Israel is currently on the Red List of countries with high rates of Covid-19
- No large gatherings are permitted in Ukraine at this time
- Hospitals in Ukraine are not prepared for an influx of sick people c”v
- Security officials and local officials are not prepared to protect the citizens of Ukraine from such large influx of visitors from all over the world.
- The police are not prepared to enforce all the rules – quarantine, masks, social distancing and more.
We will continue to update as this story unfolds. Read more here – https://www.bhol.co.il/news/1117760?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=link
According to one Israeli official this document is just a recommendation and not a final decision until the Ukrainian government makes a final decision. It is very possible that a limited number of chassidim will be let in. Please check this update for more info: https://breslovnews.com/askanim-in-uman-still-preparing-for-many-people-to-come-from-the-usa-and-europe/