You are currently viewing What you need to enter Ukraine now

What you need to enter Ukraine now

As Rosh Hashanah is getting closer, it’s a good time to review what is needed to enter Ukraine. Israel recently took Ukraine off the list of countries that Israelis are not able to travel to which is very good news as well.

So what do you need to enter Ukraine?

1.Ukrainian travel insurance – either from a Ukrainian company or from a company that is registered in Ukraine – you can buy travel insurance here –

2.A negative PCR test done within 72 hours before entry


3.A negative rapid test done within 72 hours before entry

If you are vaccinated you can also show a document that proves that you received a full dosage of vaccinations approved by the WHO which are: Pfizer/BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen, AstraZeneca/Covishield (India), AstraZeneca/SKBio (South Korea), Moderna, Sinopharm, CoronaVac (Sinovac).

Children under 12 do not need a test or vaccination certificate to enter.

For foreign citizens, there is no possibility to do the PCR test in Ukraine or self-isolate. In the absence of a test / vaccination and/or insurance policy the border crossing for entry or transit will be denied.

Here is the official text of the recent changes from the Cabinet in Ukraine:

Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of June 2, 2021 № 583 amended the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 9, 2020 № 1236.


All foreign citizens, without exception, regardless of the country of arrival to enter Ukraine must have a policy (certificate) of insurance issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine, and covers the costs related to the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and is valid for the entire period of stay in Ukraine.


All foreign citizens and citizens of Ukraine, as well as stateless persons need to have one of the following documents:

• a document confirming the receipt of a full course of vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines included by WHO in the list of approved for use in emergency situations; or

• a rapid test for the SARS-CoV-2 antigen (RAT) that was done no more than 72 hours before entry; or

• a certificate of a negative PCR test result done no more than 72 hours before the entry.


Test, vaccination and self-isolation are not required for children under 12.


Leave a Reply